Monday, March 7, 2016

RIP Pat Conroy

“The safe places could only be visited; they could only grant a momentary intuition of sanctuary. The moment always came when we had to return to our real life to face the wounds and grief indigenous to our home by the river.”
― Pat Conroy, The Prince of Tides

“I take account of my life and find that I have lived a lot and learned very little.”
― Pat Conroy, South of Broad


“Hurt is a great teacher, maybe the greatest of all.”
― Pat Conroy, My Reading Life

“The tide was a poem that only time could create, and I watched it stream and brim and makes its steady dash homeward, to the ocean.”
― Pat Conroy, South of Broad

A recipe is a story that ends with a good meal. Pat Conroy
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/pat_conroy.html

"A recipe is a story that ends with a good meal." ― Pat Conroy
A recipe is a story that ends with a good meal. Pat Conroy
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/pat_conroy.html

“My own tears seemed landlocked and frozen in a glacier I could not reach or touch within me.”
― Pat Conroy, Beach Music

“But no one walks out of his family without reprisals: a family is too disciplined an army to offer compassion to its deserters.”
― Pat Conroy, Beach Music


“A story untold could be the one that kills you.”
― Pat Conroy

“I could bear the memory, but I could not bear the music that made the memory such a killing thing.”
― Pat Conroy, Beach Music

"
When mom and dad went to war the only prisoners they took were the children” ― Pat Conroy

“A family is one of nature's solubles; it dissolves in time like salt in rainwater.”
― Pat Conroy, The Prince of Tides


"I still get weepy when I see a father being nice to his child.  It so affects me." ― Pat Conroy
I still get weepy when I see a father being nice to his child. It so affects me. Pat Conroy
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/p/patconroy660909.html
I still get weepy when I see a father being nice to his child. It so affects me. Pat Conroy
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/p/patconroy660909.html

“And in that instant was born the terrible awareness that life eventually broke every man, but in different ways and at different times.”
― Pat Conroy, The Water is Wide


“Writing poetry and reading books causes brain damage.”
― Pat Conroy, Beach Music


No comments:

Post a Comment

Call the NAMI Helpline at
800-950-6264
Or text "HelpLine" to 62640