Saturday, June 18, 2016

Public Bathrooms



I am going through a lot, right now.  I have no idea how I will deal with any of it.  But one thing has been troubling me recently, and I have finally had enough.  So, I'm blogging my thoughts on this subject.

This whole transgender bathroom issue is such bullshit to me. My step-mother, and her female camera-carrying friend, used public restrooms to take photos of children in a lot of places. No one blinked an eye, as Pam and her friend were exploiting children. They were women, in women's restrooms or changing rooms. They caught nobody's attention. Predators do not have a certain gender or appearance. They know how to do what they do in the least obvious way possible.

The human being who is trying to accept and live with their own mind's gender is not at ALL the person you need to fear.

Most predators are blending in and will not be visible to you at all. They are in your neighborhoods, your churches, your schools, and yes, even your families. My answer to this whole bathroom issue is simple: make sure you or someone you trust takes your kids to public restrooms until they are older, and teach your kids that any person who enters their private space for any reason, without permission, should be told “No.” Let go of these damn beliefs that transgender humans are the ones who are a danger to children. PREDATORS are the danger, and trust me, the majority of predators who daily misuse/target/traffic children, know very well how to blend in and remain anonymous. This whole bathroom issue only spreads bigotry and hatred, while doing nothing to protect children.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent points. The thing that I think about re: this issue is that long before it ever came up, transgender people were probably using the bathrooms of their choice without anyone noticing.

    ReplyDelete

Call the NAMI Helpline at
800-950-6264
Or text "HelpLine" to 62640