Saturday, December 23, 2023

Criminal double standard

 If a teen says they feel empowered and good when they are using blues or tranq, do we say that drug dealers should have access to that kid?  No.  We arrest dealers, especially around schools and playgrounds, because what those dealers are doing is harmful and illegal.  If a teen says they feel empowered and good when they are drunk, do we allow this teen to be served alcohol in a bar?  No.  Why are we letting sexual predators get away with sexually exploiting afab children?  There is no excuse for this double standard.  Youth have no way of understanding any of this.  They have not developed the wisdom or agency to understand who is exploiting them and who isn't.  No matter what some predator has groomed them into believing, we do not allow children to decide who is safe for children.  When predator clergy are caught molesting children, we prosecute those predators.  We don't let the groomed children tell us that clergy person is safe.  Children being sexually exploited cannot understand what predatory adults are actually doing to them.  We don't let sexualized children write the laws regarding sexual predators. 

When I was a young teen, I asked adult strangers to buy alcohol for me.  Those who did buy me alcohol were breaking the law.  

I believed my sda school principal was a safe man when I was a child.  I trusted his lies.  I had no idea what he was doing to sexualized kids like me.  He was a sexual predator who was breaking the law.

Adults with criminal intent toward our young afab children should never be given access to these youth.  For any reason.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Call the NAMI Helpline at
800-950-6264
Or text "HelpLine" to 62640