Monday, April 7, 2014

"F" is for Fix 'em

I work as a veterinary assistant for cat spay/neuter clinics.  It is amazing to me how many people do not know why it is important to have their cats and dogs fixed.  I drive my facebook friends nuts by posting about spay/neuter issues a lot.  I feel such a sense of relief for every cat and dog that is fixed.  When I see people purposely breed their pets, it makes my heart hurt for the stray cats and dogs I see at the clinics.  I know that these people who let their own pets breed do not see the big picture.  If they spent some time in their local shelters, and could see the animals in need of homes every day, I know they would fix their own pets, and tell their friends that instead of waiting for a kitten or puppy from their own litter, why don't they go to their local shelter and adopt.  People need to know the truth about the numbers of animals currently in need of homes.  So, I keep saying it, in the hopes that the folks who know me will start to understand the big picture.  Please get your pets fixed.  It is one of the biggest differences you can make in this world, now, and for the future.  Thank you =^..^=

No comments:

Post a Comment

Call the NAMI Helpline at
800-950-6264
Or text "HelpLine" to 62640