Tuesday, April 29, 2014

X-rays

I have had hundreds of X-rays since I was 5 months old, most of them of my pelvis and left hip.  One of my first memories, which I flash on every time I am under one, is how the X-ray beam area looks up there above me as I lay on the table.  The thunk of the heavy film slab being slid into the table under my hip is as familiar as the sound of the wind.  Every Rorschach Ink Blot I have ever seen looks like a pelvic X-ray to me.  I am thankful I was born at a time when there was a way to relatively unobtrusively peer inside the human body. 

My last couple of blog posts are rather short.  I want to finish this challenge, but in order to do so, I have to stick with just a short amount of words, because I am dealing with a lot right now.  After I mull over stuff, I usually like to write about it, so perhaps, in a few weeks, I will re-approach this blog and write about the things I am mulling over right now.  Until then, I must apologize for the weak and simple blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Call the NAMI Helpline at
800-950-6264
Or text "HelpLine" to 62640