Thursday, July 13, 2023

Strip Tease

Part of the email, "Restorative Justice," sent to Mr. Maron on Sept 13, 2022, 4:03 pm:

When I was around 19, I had started joining a friend in doing some amateur strip dancing. After she and I got raped by 3 guys, I started to realize that perhaps I had been sent off into the world by my father with a sucky set of work skills. I wrote this:


 Strip Tease
by
Judy S. Lentz

I would start with my hair
take it off like a wig
throw it into that hole
you once made me dig
Next, it's the feet
that failed to run
rip each one off slowly
 smile when I'm done
Now for the skin
it's easy to peel
off layers of pigment
with nerves made to feel
Out seeps old blood
a dark, stagnant flow
from a heart that ceased 
doing its job long ago
The muscle and fat that
 created my form
comes off in great lumps
odorous, barely warm
Skeletal fingers grab 
ahold of dead eyes
rip the orbs from skewed holes as
 lungs heave relieved sighs
Unholy lips are torn
 from a face
that has longed for the time
 it is finally erased
Exposed teeth gnaw at fingers
 tear away at each hand
shake them off violently
no one cares where they land
A deformed mass of 
doughy gray matter
slips out of the skull
hits the ground with a splatter
Bones tense up, shiver
 turn to dust, drop defiled
into dry shattered tear drops
 unshed by a child
Okay, here I am 
daddy, what will you do
this last time your child stands
raw before you




No comments:

Post a Comment

Call the NAMI Helpline at
800-950-6264
Or text "HelpLine" to 62640