Thursday, April 27, 2023

Here's Why

 Since last Sept, I have been trying to quietly change a problem embedded in our society, in the hopes that I could make a difference.  Like every other systemic power differential, this problem cannot be solved quietly.  To think otherwise is to allow the abuse of power to continue.

When I first published "A Thousand Words," here on my blog, everything changed for me, as a blog creator.  I started receiving awful comments and emails, being told by a couple of people that I knew nothing about real pain or I would have stayed silent, and what needed to really happen to me to make me know my place and shut up, and other comments and shit of that nature.  It was disturbing, so I shut off my comments here, and kept my email hidden.

I am being told my new posts are just me trying to get attention or money or gain of some kind.  I have been avoiding any public attention about this, hoping to make a quiet difference, not wanting to go through everything I would be risking by saying anything publicly.  This problem, the re-exploitation of sexually exploited children that will follow such children everywhere throughout their life, keep them from fulfilling their true potential, or ever developing any self-agency, is an increasing issue that will keep growing if people like me stay silent.  

So, that is why I am creating this new series of blog posts.  I know the comments and questions and accusations I will be getting because I am doing this.  I don't want what's coming.  But who the hell else am I expecting to do it, if I won't do it myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Call the NAMI Helpline at
800-950-6264
Or text "HelpLine" to 62640