Friday, April 28, 2023

"Well, hell"

 This post will include a paragraph from the first email I sent to wtfpod.com after my millennial moment.  At that point, I think I was hopeful that Mr. Maron might say he was unaware of how much damage he was doing.  I figured he was that decent man who had made a point of explaining how he quit using the "R" word after someone took the time to tell him how it made them feel.  I was hoping his behavior toward girls with BPD, caused by sexual exploitation, was something he hadn't thought deeply about.  I wanted to give him a chance to respond, as I knew he had done for others who took the time to ask him about important issues surrounding trauma and mental health.  I truly did not want to have to realize he was choosing to behave in predatory ways toward victims of abuse.

I never got any email response to my "Well, hell," message at all.  But there was a response to another message that had been sent to him, a message from an adult who had no idea how the next 8 months was going to play out, and prefers to remain anonymous, as there was a picture involved.  Mr. Maron's response to that message made up my mind for me.

One other thing did occur right after I sent "Well, hell," and I guess it could have been in direct response to my email, but I have no way of knowing for certain. It was a post by Mr. Maron, within hours of "Well, hell," and the timing was brought to my attention later, by one of 3 individuals I personally know, who were made aware of all this a few months back, and gave me some advice and outside perspective on everything.   

I am only including one paragraph from "Well, hell," because there is some mentions of other people in the rest of the email who have no bearing on anything.  This one paragraph expresses where I was at, before my eyes started adjusting to the darkness of the rabbit hole I had just entered.  


"Aug 30, 2022, 10:01 PM


Mr. Maron,

This week, a woman was telling me her opinion about you, and I was sure she had to be full of shit. Now, I just wish she had kept her mouth shut. There were things I was missing about some of your personal choices, and I would like to still be clueless. Ignorance is bliss. But my history means I am now totally "triggered" by things I can no longer unsee. They are things that are obviously unimportant to your followers, and to you, but I am losing something here, and it makes me sad."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Call the NAMI Helpline at
800-950-6264
Or text "HelpLine" to 62640