Sunday, April 30, 2023

Problematic AA Issues

 I wrote a short series of emails to Mr. Maron regarding his misuse of AA and ACOA.  In order to try and make it personal to him, so he might understand better, I used people he has mentioned from his life, to set up some imagery, like I did in my recent Imagined Scenarios blog post.  I do not feel comfortable copying those names here, so I will simply condense this to the point I was trying to make.

AA is a group Mr. Maron speaks of, and attends. In his recent Dopey Podcast appearance, he spoke of deciding he now belongs in ACOA.   There are very damaged girls in these meetings he goes to, usually in very bad frames of mind, and they are often court ordered to attend such meetings.  Court Orderered.  As in, can be arrested for not attending.  Our legal system forces young damaged people to go to these very meetings,  where 13-stepping is "discouraged," but members like Mr. Maron constantly find and misuse very vulnerable girls at these meetings, and NO ONE can say one word. 

 Our court system needs to protect the people they order into meetings where Mr. Maron and others are free to prey on such people.  The girl in crisis last Oct was in recovery.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Call the NAMI Helpline at
800-950-6264
Or text "HelpLine" to 62640