Wednesday, May 3, 2023

A fucking shot

This is a slightly redacted paragraph from an email I sent to Mr. Maron in March.  It was regarding a 13 yr-old kidnapping victim who was found alive.  A 34 yr-old man buddied up to her online (easy as shit to do now days.  It would've been surprising to me to discover anyone even noticed this adult grooming that child in the first place), got her pm'ing, had no problem convincing her he was a nice guy, then met her and got her in his vehicle.  He took her to another state, sexually assaulted her multiple times, then locked her up.  She was rescued.  If she does happen to receive decent, compassionate help over the next few years, she may end up becoming one of the lucky few.  Statistically, the odds aren't in her favor. 

My ability to find hope that Mr. Maron had started to change how he feels girls assaulted like this can be treated by older men, had about reached its limit by March.  My cynicism is apparent in my tone.  (I should mention here that part of me is telling myself it is "bad" of me to express my anger in this way.  The rest of me?  It's sayin, "Oh well.")


"Mar 14, 2023, 5:00 AM"

Yeah, there is a current example of a child being horribly harmed, bcuz of an online predator grooming that child. The child was found. Rescued. Now, she will go thru decades of quite probably being re-exploited by therapists, doctors, teachers, interviewers, etc, and she will be blamed for all of it. So, do us (broken girls) all a favor, and do not reach out to "help" this child "resolve" her issues, okay? Do not "trauma bond" with this child. She did not suddenly gain "agency," while being sexually assaulted repeatedly. She did not suddenly gain adult wisdom, and now knows exactly what old men predators are going to want to do to her.  She does not know at all what she is in for . She is NOT "asking for it."  Do not say you "can't say no" to this "lunatic" child, and leave her mind further warped and malformed when you are done with her, okay?  Give her a fucking shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Call the NAMI Helpline at
800-950-6264
Or text "HelpLine" to 62640