Sunday, May 21, 2023

Prioritizing sacrifice

 I am definitely a left-leaning person, politically.  Part of that lean came from how readily my church was willing to blame 13 yr-old me for my 33 yr-old sda school principal grooming and re-abusing me.  I saw the left as being part of the answer to reducing the number of children having to live my life.

The unacceptable deaths of children in schools, by gun violence, is horribly wrong.  Nobody seems able to do anything.  I have actually heard a number of adults saying this is simply the sacrifice we must accept, as a country where we have a right to own guns.

As cis girls are sexualized and objectified early in the first couple years of life, and all children are now easy to groom and sexually exploit publicly on social media while they are still children, I have heard a number of adults say this is simply the sacrifice of having technological advances.

Both of these sacrifices, by many from varying political leanings, are utter bullshit.  Come on, really?  My fucking whole life is simply what has to continue happening to more and more children, so others can use platforms where there are no protections for children?  Teen girls increasingly harming themselves and taking their own lives is the sacrifice that must be offered so everyone can stare at their phones all day?  Families forced to suffer unimaginable loss are the sacrifice for freedom?  Children left unidentifiable by ammunition are simply the sacrifice that must be made so every person has easy access to firearms?

Law abiding citizens can legally own guns, and social media can allow humans to interact, all while children can be protected.  The only required sacrifice would be adults taking the time to make protection of children a priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Call the NAMI Helpline at
800-950-6264
Or text "HelpLine" to 62640