Monday, May 1, 2023

Rabbit Holes, and a goddam rant

After I sent "Well, hell," it was quickly apparent to me that Mr. Maron was not going to have any change-of-heart "R" word reaction to that email, at least not for a member of the group I belong to, the "lunatics" with "daddy issues" he targets, otherwise known as child sexual abuse victims. As I viewed his newest post on tiktok right after I sent "Well, hell," I went about 3 days unable to eat anything.  I watched, quite literally, hundreds of apparently underage girls respond to the most blatant example of grooming I have found on the internet to this day.  (I'm quite sure there is worse.  I'm simply done going anywhere that shit might be.)  A post, which would have been great for the adult audience Mr. Maron is well-suited for and once seemed to be marketed to, horrified me for today's children, as it played to a majority underage platform, and quickly drew in hundreds of the very responses such grooming is meant to draw in.  The number of fake "maron" accounts that jumped into the comment section of that post was chilling.  As those fake accounts chased after the underage girls who were responding under that post, I finally understood why little children are being abducted and exploited all the time now.  I thought these children were being drawn sneakily into some "Dark Web," where predators were carefully hiding their nefarious behavior.  I didn't know it is all right there, in front of god and everyone, with apparently oblivious adult Maron fans posting right above or below some underage profile asking Mr. Maron if he got the pics they sent him, followed by some apparent Maron-imposter trying to tell the underage girl that those pics needed to be sent to Maron's "private account."  Think I'm bullshitting?  Then you haven't been paying attention to tiktok.  I took a few screen shots of some of the underage girls' responses, some of the earlier responses, which were hidden or removed within a day or two, but more replaced them quicker than they dissappeared. I revisited that post for almost 3 days, but it became too hard to sift through the thousands of comments.  Ultimately,  I had to stop returning to that thread.  My chest hurt too much.  I don't know when Americans decided to let every child be devoured like I once was, but you all are miserably failing your children.  Don't believe me?  The post is still there.  His most viewed one.  'Course, replies may have been moderated by whoever now runs Maron's tiktok. And hilariously, me a dumb slut who raised her own kids in a manner that was once seen as radically permissive, will probably be called a prude-ass-karen, for even posting about this at all.  What the fuck got put in America's water?  When did this bullshit happen?  We don't need bible bullshit, we don't need to burn or change any books.  We just gotta point out the REAL predators, and keep them the hell away from our kids.  Has no one learned anything?  The whole reason my paternal family predecessors had sexual abuse running thru that family like the Amazon, is because sexual behavior by adults toward children was ignored, never spoken of, and allowed.  That's why I went thru hell.  Is that what everyone is back to accepting now?  (How long was I truly away?  I thought I was offline for about 3 years.  Feels like it musta been decades.)  We just need to keep adults from grooming and harming children.  (When the fuck did I become somebody that could be called a conservative karen?  Nobody who knows me would ever believe this...)  

I haven't visited that post again.  Too fucked up.  I thought things were better since the days when it felt like it was mostly conservative church goers who were offering their children up to predators without batting an eye.   Now, it's spread faster and farther than covid, and I can find no one trying to stop it, not even on capital hill during the recent tiktok hearings.  Whatever their reasons were, I never once heard this shit talked about.  Was anything there that got discussed actually more important than keeping kids from growing up like I had to?


Hopping back down into this rabbit hole rant with a quick edit.  Nowhere in this post do I say any platform should be banned.  I say children should be protected from predators.   Big difference. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Call the NAMI Helpline at
800-950-6264
Or text "HelpLine" to 62640